вторник, 21 октября 2008 г.

appalacian state u




Once I have the page more or less blocked out, I start to work on the main objects--which usually means the figures.



I really work a lot on the figures, building bolder lines out of a a lot of looser, rougher work. I always was a better painter than a draftsman and I guess that shows in my process. There are a lot of side effects to my heavy working of the images: erasure, deep marks on the paper, clouds of gray smudge. It would be difficult to ink direct onto these pages--fortunately that doesnapos;t happen. (I send scans to Dave Gutierrez and he makes prints, inks over them, and then sends me digital copies back).

As you can see, Iapos;ve put in a bit of work on the vehicles in panel 1 and Iapos;ve now roughly blocked in the middle-ground figures in panel 4. Iapos;m not very concerned about the backgrounds int hose two panels; Iapos;ve used similar shots the the ones on page 5, so I know I can recreate them at least as well a second time.

I am starting to consider replacing the panel 5 with a reaction shot for the crowd we see assembled in panel 4; if so I will probably move panel 5 to the first panel on the following page and draw the new panel on a loose sheet (again, I press too heavily to allow overdrawing). Iapos;ll probably wait until Iapos;ve tried to lay down the following page before I make this decision, however; context is everything. For right now, Iapos;m trying to focus on getting the page done.

-- JF

dallas forehead lift, appalacian state u, appalacian state nc, appalacian state college, appalacian state baseball.



Комментариев нет: